Our Journey to Matthew

~God created you, a beautiful child, you were just delivered to the wrong address.~

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

"I can feed myself" and other Matthew notes

Okay, Matthew is now 19 months old. More of a little boy than baby boy now.
He is getting more independent each day although for now he will still cuddle with Mama after his warm bath...thankfully. Last night during his pasta dinner he decided to grab the plate and feed himself every last bite. Up until then he was "helping" me spoon feed him and eating crackers and other non-messy snacks by himself. Last night he gave me a look and grabbed the plate and away he went. He ate every single bite but what a mess! He still has to touch his ear and head with the food before it actually goes into his mouth. Here are some pictures of him self feeding last night.

We had his first pro pics taken at Picture People in the mall on Monday evening. Came out cute but they lost our uploaded file so I can't access all the proofs. Should be fixed tomorrow and then I can email the share file to everyone to view them. I have an appointment with JC Penny tomorrow for more pics (if it's free...it's for me!) on the house from a coupon on an outfit.

As soon as the studio locates the pics I will try to copy and paste them here. I have one where he's holding an American Flag but laughing so hard he half drops it. The other is him sitting on a train engine holding an American Flag. I have another sitting scheduled for him on July 30th dressed up as a fireman complete with jacket and helmet next to a fire engine and hydrant as he will be entered into their baby contest. He's already been entered in the The Cutest Baby contest in New York for the month of June. If he wins he will get a $500 college bond and Mommy gets a $100 AMEX gift card! If he wins for 2006 he will earn a complete college tuition.
Yes...medical school is looking more real each day therefore, so is Mommy's retirement condo on the beach in Maui. Okay, okay, I'll stop.

More to follow....

3 Comments:

  • At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Frank Damon said…

    That's awesome! It's one of your kid's milestones that you should be proud of! BTW, how's your mom's retirement condo and how's she living her retirement life?

     
  • At 12:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Frank....you must have me confused with someone else to leave such a thoughtless comment. Anyone that knows us knows that my Mother passed away over 2 years ago, shortly before my husband who is featured in this blog.
    Deborah

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Frank Damon said…

    My deepest apologies Deborah. I didn't mean to offend you. I just found your blog so interesting that I felt like back tracking your posts. I got so thrilled with Matthew's photos because he reminds me of my nephew. Every photo made me reminisce on the short days I had with him. And I just got so excited with "The Cutest Baby contest" and I thought that it is such a fun thing. I didn't realize what date I was commenting in. I hope you understand how sorry I am.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home