Our Journey to Matthew

~God created you, a beautiful child, you were just delivered to the wrong address.~

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Week #2 on Ice





Matthew seems to be catching on to ice skating. On Saturday I took Matthew since Brian is laid up from surgery for the next couple of weeks. Matthew was sure to tell me and anyone else within ear shot that Daddy laces up his skates better. I think I'm just going to buy him a pair of hockey skates and be done with it. This week he was not so eager to step onto the ice. He insisted he needed a stick. The instructor finally picked him up and took off skating with him up him up in the air. I forgot my digital camera but the photos from my phone give you the overall look of this lesson. They learned how to skate forward (walk) and stoop and pick up something (beanbags), carry them to the basket and drop them. They also learned something very important..how to get up. Matthew "practiced" this about 20 times. He is now expert at falling on his behind and getting up quickly and gracefully. Other parents were cheering him on also. He's starting to have a fan following of sorts.

My son, the superstar on ice! LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home