Our Journey to Matthew

~God created you, a beautiful child, you were just delivered to the wrong address.~

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Alma 1941-2008 may she rest in peace

Meeting Alma in February 2004
Alma and Matthew meeting October 2006, he had been home just over 3 months from Russia

Her last Christmas, just 1 week ago.


Almost everyone that knows me knows that I was adopted at 3 months old. This is one reason why we were so open to adopting a child of our own. In February 2004 I was fortunate enough to meet my "Birth Mother" in Washington State. I visited 4 times although I'm sad to say not since October 2006. Alma suffered a heart attack Christmas night and although she appeared to be getting better as it was termed a "slight" heart attack she passed away at 3:30am on Sunday December 28, 2008. A very sad time for myself, my sister Barbara and two brothers Dave and Chief (who was flown home immediately from the war in Iraq). I was so glad to know her for the short time I did and that she got to meet her grandson Matthew. Here are a couple of pictures to remember her by. The last picture was taken Christmas Day. She will be missed by many.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home