Our Journey to Matthew

~God created you, a beautiful child, you were just delivered to the wrong address.~

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

We have a court date....finally!

We finally received the "call" we've been waiting for! The judge finally set a court date. It is Tuesday, May 16, 2006 in Tobolsk (Siberia). So much for the "tentative" date of 4/26 we were told. I know it's after Mother's Day which stings a bit but we'll be landing in Moscow on Mother's Day so it's close enough. Matthew will have many new "firsts" to experience that the 7+ months it will have taken to get him home will hopefully fade quickly. He will be home for not quite a month when we take a "road trip" up to Rio Vista for his cousin Nathan's high school graduation. Matthew will get to meet the Pippin clan for the first time.

I will post more once I receive the actual itinerary early next week. I know most of it now but how many days in Tyumen after we spring Matthew from prison...I mean the orphanage will decide how many days in Moscow. I can safely say now though that we will leave Los Angeles on Saturday May 13th and return to Los Angeles on Wednesday May 24th. Where we are during this time is anyone's guess. No fear, I have my laptop and I will add to this blog every day while in Russia. I have to while there because once we are back home I'll be lucky to answer emails for a while let alone post.

We'll see, you never know. Maybe Brian will have fun changing diapers and warming bottles.

Debi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home