Our Journey to Matthew

~God created you, a beautiful child, you were just delivered to the wrong address.~

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Good Tuesday Morning!


Matthew got up early and wanted to play before breakfast. Notice the early Elvis decor?
Yep, that's our apartment all right, pure early 70's all around. Matthew managed to yank down one of the vertical blinds. I stuffed it behind one of our three pieces of velour furniture. I noticed something today a bit odd. The ceiling appears to be concrete. How strange. I'm sure Johnny can explain it to me. This is our last night here, first night it hasn't rained too since we got back to Moscow last Wednesday night. Tatyana came by this afternoon giving us back Matthew's passport and final adoption papers with english translation. He is now fully registered also with the Russian Consulate. I want to come home but boy do I dread the 13+ hour flight with a baby boy just beginning to embrace freedom. Today was a trying day with the little Prince. Was quite whiney and learned that if he cries long enough someone will actually come get him. He still looks a bit shocked when someone comes, poor little guy. Finally went to sleep, this being his last night in Russia. His new life starts for real tomorrow when we touch down at LAX. Hopefully immigration will go quickly and the limo ride home will be quick.
Thank you everyone for your well wishes. We'll be home soon!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    D&B&M-Nat shared your blog with me & I've been reading it avidly and marveling at the adorable pictures of the newest Wess. (Interesting that we have two Deborahs and two Matthews in such a small family.) I was in Russia when you were...a tour of St. Petersburg with a friend. Beautiful city but I wasn't too impressed with the people. But know I/we will love "your Matthew". Hope your trip home goes well...I look forward to reading your next installment. Congratulations to all, Ellen Wess

     

Post a Comment

<< Home