Our Journey to Matthew

~God created you, a beautiful child, you were just delivered to the wrong address.~

Saturday, May 13, 2006

We have Arrived in Moscow!


We arrived in Moscow shortly before 1pm on Saturday (11 hours ahead of los angeles if you're trying to figure it out). It is currently 1:30am Sunday here. We caught up on sleep and now have been up since 9pm but going back to sleep once we update everyone. We are up at 7:30am on Sunday to leave for Tyumen.

The Marriott Tveryskaya is even nicer than I had anticipated. It's just as well run as any Marriott. We had some technical issues with the DVD player we brought and then the adapters wouldn't work with my computer so I was a bit panicked but it has been fixed. They even upgraded us to a Business Suite with a bottle of wine, fruit plate and breakfast buffet for 2.

We were met at the airport by our interpreter Dimitry, he was not amused we were the last 2 people to go through immigration services. I broke my own rule and got testy with the immigration officer after I had already waited in line for over an hour. This landed me in the back of the line and you can imagine my disposition. Brian went to go find the Officer in Charge at immigration and it got sorted out. For the record "international incident" were their words not mine. I'll explain later or maybe not all what happened. If you really must know you can email me off the blog.

Once we got settled into our room, Dimitry pulled out the US Embassy paperwork and we filled it out and gave him copies of everything we were told to bring. He says we need to change our reservations on coming home because the Russian Consulate can't get anything done quickly so we can't leave until Thursday 5/25. Ummm...not gonna happen. I have a plan, it will be revealed to them once I have my baby, his new birth certificate and final decree of adoption in my hand.

We'll write more from Tyumen once we arrive there and get checked it. Yet another time difference. That will put us 13 hours ahead of los angeles. I should have all answers by dinner time Sunday regarding when we see Matthew, when we go to court etc.

The picture is from our "living room" in our suite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home