Our Journey to Matthew

~God created you, a beautiful child, you were just delivered to the wrong address.~

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Week 3 of Nursery School/Daycare

Matthew is doing really well at the end of week three. I hold my breath when I go pick him up and open the door. I never know if he will be wearing the same outfit I left him in or a new scrape or bruise will greet me. One thing for sure, he is ALWAYS happy when I pick him up. He absolutely loves where he is and all the other kids there and of course Denise and Tara are very special to him. They are working on manners now. Matthew tries to say please but it comes out "peez" and thank you is "hank oo" and sometimes "tank oo". Getting him to say them at the appropriate times are next but he is a fast learner. He goes back to the doctor on August 18 for his next round of shots and measurements. I know he's grown and he's heavier too. This kid is a bruiser...lots of muscle in his legs and arms from running and climbing all over the place.
Brian says he will be a natural for hockey (of course), maybe we'll get him on the ice in January or February. He's not ready for private lessons with a former LA Kings player yet but soon. No doubt that JK will be over seeing this. The kids worked on soft vowels last week and a bit the week before and his progress report was excellent. He's getting them and starting to sound out more words that are easier to understand. He says, UP, MORE, HI, BYE BYE, HUH? (while shrugging his shoulders), MOMMY, MAMA, PAPA, CAT, DAH (for dog), OO DO IT, MY (for mine, that comes across loud and clear!), NO NO NO NO NO while shaking his finger (thank you JK) and he's trying to tell me so much more but just can't get it out yet. Of course in 6 months I'll probably wish he would shut up for 5 minutes....just kidding.

I informed him that his "girlfriend" from the Big House is coming to visit for 3 weeks in about a week and showed him recent pictures and he of course squealed and then screamed he was so happy. He kisses her picture and this will be a great opportunity for both of them to connect a bit to their shared past and keep their friendship alive. We hope to see AG and her parents 1-2 times a year when they come out to SoCal on business, wish they lived across the street! I showed him a picture of Brett also from the same Big House who was adopted 2 weeks after Matthew and he squealed with delight at his pic too so this means he still has memory of his friends.

Here's hoping Matthew has a wonderful week 4 beginning tomorrow as we move into August!

PS He is completely facinated with Semi Trucks. Shame my friend Aly doesn't live here anymore, I'd have him get a picture with her husband that drives a big rig.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home